A Cisco Certified Network Associate job roles include expertise in specific fields. CCNA certification focusses on key knowledge areas and skill sets that are part of the assessment. The professionals usually carry out the tasks of a network technician or network administrator. The primary responsibility of the CCNA is to take care of the networking equipment such as routers and switches. The other include:
- Have good knowledge about different network design and topologies that interact to form a secure IT network.
- Can describe the working of computer networks and their interactions with networked devices.
- Must be able to verify, configure and troubleshoot VLAN and inter-switch communications.
- Should execute IP addressing scheme and IP services to meet specific network requirements.
- A proper understanding of routing and router operations on Cisco devices will make it easier to resolve issues.
- Must be prepared with the countermeasures in case of any network security threats.